Concept

Inspiration- ‘The Wave’ - NTU

The problem that I have had with my last two designs is a lack of cohesion and integration between components. Hence, I want to make this aspect the theme of my building and explore how it can be the basis of a form.
Thesis created: The essence of innovative architecture is to cohesively integrate forms with themselves and the environment around it.

Concepts of the Building


My building flows seamlessly around the space in which it sits in a way that lets it encapsulate the square house. Its design is highly organic with odd and random shapes. In this sense the building appears as an object from outer space. Despite this, I have taken inspiration from Frank Gehry's UTS building and other architecture with his windows. The windows that I have placed manage to ground the structure back to reality, encapsulating what I believe is one of the most crucial aspects of architecture, being the freedom and form of the architects ideas in relation to a grounded sense of realism. The bridge and the building connect with each other and interrelate as their functions depend on each other, as the bridge leads to the main entrance of the school.
Inspiration: Frank Gehry UTS Builsing

Comments